Smart Communication provides Fibre Optic connectivity
to the Home & Business
Offering point-to-point connectivity for data and voice networks through a secure hosted facility with minimum latency and full redundancy capabilities. Smart Communication fibre optic solution delivers fast, uninterrupted and dedicated connectivity for high reliability, ensuring that critical business applications are optimised for performance.
What is Fibre?
Fibre has been around for a while overseas, and has recently been introduced to South Africa. It is the fastest connectivity available, with speeds ranging from 2 to 1000mbps. Fibre is supplied through infrastructure provider’s and data product provider’s such as Smart Communication.
Fibre to the Home (FTTH)
Fibre to the Business (FTTB)
How does Fibre work?
Fibre technology uses light impulses to carry data. Whereas Copper which has been traditionally used, transmits electrical impulses over ADSL or DSL lines. Light bounces through the glass fibre tubes at the speed of light, which is why fibre is so fast, and these cables have no value unlike copper so they are theft proof.
Fibre to the Home (FTTH) is the implementation of fibre cables to homes and small businesses, Fibre to the Business (FTTB) is installed to larger businesses and corporations.
There are a number of infrastructure providers that lay fibre optic cables from the street to the home or small business. The Fibre is connected to a router on the premises that broadcasts a Wi-Fi signal for mobile or desktop devices to connect to.
Do you need Fibre installed?
Smart Communication acts as an aggregator to infrastructure providers in certain areas and can offer a range of options to ensure that you get the product that suits your home or business requirements.
Fibre Optic Benefits with Smart Communication
- Bigger Bandwidth, Faster Connectivity and Reliable
- No more buffering and slow speeds
- Cheaper, therefore Affordable
- No more issues with cable theft
- Stable and reliable connection & fewer outages
- No mandatory Telkom voice lines unless you require it
- Make calls using FTTH/FTTB via Skype, Facetime or WhatsApp
- Fibre is the fastest technology for transmitting data, and reduces buffering
- Fibre to Business is uncapped, unshaped, and un-contended
- Fibre to Home, services are available in certain areas
- Scalable, offering growth with your business
- 24/7 support
- Fully redundant network that is quick to deploy
- We offer Service Level Agreements
Do you have Fibre in your area? Contact us and we’ll help you.
Smart Communication Offering:
With Fibre you no longer require a landline, VoIP calls can be made over the fibre connection and you can keep your existing telephone number.
- 365 days Telephonic support
- Pay installation over 3 months
Fibre Optic Connectivity for Business
Fibre Networks are being deployed because of the benefits over the old copper or wireless technology. There is virtually no risk of theft as with copper, and Fibre Cable is much faster and reliable. Our partner collaboration delivers a National Fibre Optic Network which covers all major metropolitan areas. Fibre speed offers affordable consolidation of multiple platforms for Data, Voice, Web, Security and Cloud Solutions.
Read more about our Hosted and VoIP Services: